Thursday, December 7, 2006

15 Minutes to Southern Thailand

Well, it all started of with a very innocent craving for good delicious food. After went through such a boring but yet stressing day at work, SC decided to treat me with something different than my ate-this-a-million-times-already Bee Hoon Goreng or Nasi Goreng USA for dinner.

So he told me that the name of the restaurant is Alisara (Quite a commercial name for an artsist I would say. For a restaurant...hmmmm, we'll see.... my heart speaks). Alisara Seafood & Tomyam Restaurant is just a normal road side restaurant by the busy highway of Puchong Jaya. I would never notice the existence of this retaurant at all despite the long line of cars parking side by side next to the restaurant that belong to the patrons of the restaurant. Impressive! The food must be "OK!"

So, as we were walking into the restaurant, I noticed, I looked a little bit like a celebrity...with my faded blue jean, wide V-neck long sleeve T-shirt and my North Korean-style Military hat and that many eyes were looking at us. Oppppss! Commercial break! I am not supposed to talk about myself here and actually my ego just got bruised a little because the truth is, nobody was looking at us. I wonder why?

Anyway, I realized how the waiters are all so slim, athletic body type, tall, slightly on the darker tone of brown skins. Not that all together "Yummy" looking, but not that so unfortunate looking either. I would say on a rainy day, I wouldn't think twice about these boys. But then, that's me....Vaness. The horny sluts from fantasyland.

They were wearing nothing but Jeans and T-shirts. And I bet you, if I reach out my hand to these boys and slide my hands under those faded T-shirts they were wearing, my hands can be seriously injured by their well defined 6-Pack abs. To confirm of my day dreaming, I was made aware by SC that these boys are from Thai and this restaurant serves Authentic & Exotic Southern Thai Food. I was like.....ohhhh really?? Uhhhh huhhhh! No wonder! Me likeyyyy!!!

We quickly spotted a nice table next to a fence of bushy green leafy plants. Perfect table, I said to myself. I get to see the whole restaurant from where we were. Then the waiter came to us in a matter of seconds and we ordered our drinks first and ask for the Menu. Surprisingly, flipping through this worn out, torn, old Menu booklet, the food listed in there caught my attention. All were named in Thai. To make it easier for people like me to order, they put picture with each food listed.

So we decided on what to eat. I ordered "Phad Krao Na Rao", White Rice with sunny-side-up egg, stir fry Spicy Basil Chicken with Clear broth Chicken Soup on the side. My second order was "Som Tham", Papaya Salad with fried Chicken Wings, Long Beans and fresh Cabbage. SC decided on "Phad Thai", fried Glass Noodles with tofu, eggs, seafood and sprikles of ground nuts. His second order was "Tam Som Nhat", a homemade Fried Fish Cakes mixed with spring onions and diced long beans serve with sweet & spicy thai chilli sauce. All together seems quite delish!

Surprisingly, we didn't have to wait that long at all for our food to be served despite the 3-quarter full restaurant. So, when we started to eat our food, we just couldn't stop ourselves from keep stuffing our face. They were just too yummy-licious. Now I know why nobody was looking at us when we came in. They were too busy eating. Now, I don't feel inferior anymore.

Uhhhhhh! I feel glad to have come here for dinner, tonight. Through out the dinner we kept saying...."Hmmmm, this is niceee!" in a deep tone of voice with heavy British accent because we enjoy the food so much. SC and I often uses this expression when we extremely like something. It's just something fun that we do all the time. And the food.....more than "OK!" I was wrong on my premature rating before I entered the restaurant earlier. The food was delicious and truly different and thus authentic. And the total bill was only RM31.70.

On the way back, SC was telling me that Alisara is really close by to our apartment and it only takes within 15 minutes to get back. And so I dared him to proved my lack of believe in his statement. Despite the busy Puchong road, SC managed to drive back home in 11 minutes only. But please be alarmed. It wasn't a driving-miss-daisy kind of driving, it was more like a "The Fast And The Furious - Tokyo Drift" kind of driving. ZZZZooooppppp! In a second!

All in all, I was surprised that we can enjoy delicious authentic, exotic Southern Thai Food in such a short travelling distance. It's like taking a 15 minutes trip to Southern Thai. Wonderful!

No comments: